For employment in the law enforcement department, call 800-242-7820 and ask for Michelle Carlile at extension 111.
Please see below for open positions.
TSCRA Insurance Services Client Service Specialist
Posted Oct. 2, 2013
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The TSCRA Insurance Service client service specialist has the primary responsibility of quoting and servicing new and existing accounts for various insurance products such as medical, dental, life and vision. This position is expected to engage professionally with clientele via phone, in person or at TSCRA industry events.
Essential Job Functions
- Service existing and new business accounts
- Extend professional etiquette when servicing accounts whether in writing or phone
- Generate proposals for individual and small group plans/remit to underwriting
- Service small group renewals
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports
- Represent TSCRA Insurance Services at TSCRA and industry events
Other Job Functions
- Assist with team departmental projects
- Meet weekly with executive director to discuss the week's activity
- Acquire and apply industry knowledge quickly
- Develop and maintain customer relations
- Assist on difficult judgment calls and settle issues or complaints
- Foster and maintain relationships with underwriters
- Predict customer expectations and maintain sensitivity to issues or complaints
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the executive director of insurance services
This position description is intended to convey the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This position description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the TSCRA. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by executives, managers and other TSCRA officials. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between the TSCRA and the employee.
Reports directly to TSCRA executive director, insurance services
- Must be able to work part time hours with flexibility
- Must be able to be in the Fort Worth office as required
- Must have basic math and language skills
- Must have good phone skills
- Must have good judgment
- Attention to detail
- High School or equivalent
- Current Group I Life and Health License as required by the state of Texas
Working knowledge of Excel, Word, ten key, letter writing, phone skills;
insurance background, preferably in both individual and group products.
Job Status: Non-exempt Part-time
Compensation Basis: Hourly
For more information, contact Michele Woodham, Insurance Services exeutive director, at 817-332-7064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download a PDF of this job announcement.