Ranching 101 seminars give participants practical, sound guidance on the tools and equipment needed to get started in ranching.
While these seminars are designed for people starting off in the ranching business or looking to improve their existing operation, anyone interested in the cattle business is invited to attend. A series schedule is listed below.
All programs are held at the TSCRA Headquarters office located at 1301 West 7th Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102. Programs are always on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. If you are planning to attend, please RSVP at 800-242-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ranching 101 is free to TSCRA members and $20 for non-members.
Upcoming Fort Worth Programs:
June 16, 2015 - Rancher Panel Discussion
- This is your chance to learn from the pros!
July 21, 2015 - Genetics, EPDs, and Artificial Insemination
- The role of genetics in your herd – e.g. hybrid vigor vs. purebred
- Understanding EPDs and how to use them to make
- Using artificial insemination or a live bull
August 18, 2015 - Agricultural Lending and Land Leasing
- Lending options for a new or small rancher
- How to prepare for a meeting with your lender
- Understanding a grazing lease
September 15, 2015 - Range and Pasture Management
- Stocking rates
- Plant identification
- Fertilization and control options
October 20, 2015 - Chuteside Demonstration (offsite)
- Cattle handling techniques
- Working cattle through a chute
- Vaccine and antibiotic stewardship
November 17, 2015 - Ranch Accounting and Taxes
- Understanding agricultural exemptions
- Financial record keeping
- Accounting and tax practices unique to ranching
December 15, 2015 - Production Record Keeping
- What records should be kept
- Utilizing production records in decision making on the ranch
- Record keeping software options
Space is limited, so RSVP today by calling 800-242-7820 ext. 192 or email email@example.com
Presentations from previous programs