Ranching 101 seminars give participants practical, sound guidance on the tools and equipment needed to get started in ranching.
While these seminars are designed for people starting off in the ranching business or looking to improve their existing operation, anyone interested in the cattle business is invited to attend. A series schedule is listed below.
All programs are held at the TSCRA Headquarters office located at 1301 West 7th Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102. Programs are always on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. If you are planning to attend, please RSVP at 800-242-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ranching 101 is free to TSCRA members and $20 for non-members.
Upcoming Fort Worth Programs:
October 21, 2014 - Chute Side Demonstration
- Working cattle through a chute
- Shots, tagging, dehorning, castration and other processing tasks
- Cattle Handling
November 18, 2014 - Ranch Accounting and Tax Considerations
- What records should be kept
- Accounting and tax practices unique to ranching
- Software options
December 16, 2014 - Equipment Selection and Use
- Basic equipment used around the ranch
- What equipment is needed vs. nice to have
- Buying equipment; new vs. used
- Equipment maintenance
Space is limited, so RSVP today by calling 800-242-7820 ext. 192 or email email@example.com
Presentations from previous programs